Directions for Documenting Decisions Reached in the Intervention Process for Students in Ezrti
2010-11 School Year
· Students at Tiers I, II and III may continue at those tiers through the end of the current school year.
· As soon as the intervention process is concluded for a student and a decision is reached, document the decisions reached in ezrti as follows:
General Education Teachers: Students ending the school year at Tier I or with a PEP:
Using Ezrti Form Tier 1B, select in the “Decision” box one of the following:
· Continue Tier 1 – means interventions will continue, next year’s teacher can review and continue or move to Tier II.
· Discontinue Tier 1- means the student no longer needs a Tier 1 plan –plan was successful. Next year’s teacher will start with a new Tier I plan if needed.
General Education Teachers: Students ending the school year at Tier II:
Using Ezrti Form Tier IIB, select in the “Decision” box one of the following:
· Continue Tier II – Next year’s teacher will review and continue Tier II, can move forward to Tier III if needed.
· Discontinue Tier II – No need for further Tier intervention plan – plan was successful. Next year’s teacher will start at Tier 1 if needed.
(1) Students ending the school year at Tier III:
Using Ezrti Form Tier IIID, select in the “Decision” box one of the following:
· Continue Tier III – Next year’s teacher will continue the intervention process at Tier III
· Discontinue Tier III – If interventions were successful and student no longer needs to be in the TAT process. If problems reoccur student would start at Tier 1.
· Move to Tier II – Tier III level of support not needed – use Tier II to continue support.
(2) Students who have completed Tier III and have been referred for EC testing during the 2010-11 school year (Tier IV):Using Ezrti Form Tier IIID, select in the “Decision” Box:“Move to Tier IV”
Fall Semester, 2011: before the end of the First Marking Period
Students begin the fall semester 2011 at the Tier they ended the spring semester (2011).
- Students in Tiers I and II: Teachers will review the student’s information in ezrti, then continue interventions, discontinue, or move to the next tier according to observations of the student’s progress in fall 2011.
- Students in Tier III: Progress monitoring of interventions at Tier III from April/May 2011 may carry forward to fall, 2011 if there are no changes in the referral concern or significant changes to the intervention.
- Final recommendations for accepting progress monitoring /interventions from a previous school year will be determined by the TAT Team with input from a school administrator and school psychologist.
- Students in Tier III should be reviewed immediately in August, 2011 by the TAT/PSM team and the process continued.